Share your stories on social media and drive targeted traffic to your online offerings, be it an eCommerce store or a website that provides your visitors with more information about your offline products and/or services.
My mission with this article is to offer you the proof that you may need in order to demonstrate to you how vital it is for you to use video stories on your social media accounts.
Throughout my article, I have provided screen prints of what Google offers as my prove, regarding the 11 different reasons I’ve shared here, as to why your online presence needs stories.
I’ve used Google’s featured snippets because more and more users seem to trust Google more than those of use who’ve been creating websites from back when only HTML coding was available to be used.
Did you know that mobile users are watching more video ads than desktop users do?
It is said that this is due partially thanks to desktop users who use ad blockers, and partially due to mobile viewers watching the videos longer.
However, statistics have proven that mobile users tend to watch more videos longer than other device users.
Are you starting to see yet, why it is so vital to share your stories?
11 Reasons Your Online Presence Needs Video Stories
Here are a few video consumption statistics that you may find very interesting, and should serve as proof as to why you need to share your stories.
1. 66% of consumers have watched video content.
2. Globally, internet video traffic will be 82% of all consumer internet traffic by 2022, up from 73% in 2017.
3. Studies show that 78% of people watch videos every week and 55% of people watch videos daily.
4. 88% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
5. Businesses use video as a marketing tool, which is up from 61% in 2016.
6. 81% of businesses attribute sales back to their video marketing efforts, and brands who used video grew their revenue 49% faster than those who did not.
7. Social videos generated more shares than text and image content combined. And viewers retained 95% of a message when seen in a video as compared to 10% when reading the same message in text.
8. Nearly 93% of brands say they got new customers due to the videos posted on their social media accounts.
9. Businesses that use videos get 66% more qualified leads per year.
10. 83% of internet audience in Canada watches videos online.
11. It is said that 6 out of 10 people prefer to watch online videos than on TV.
Need I go on?
The reason I have provided you with these screen prints of the few statistics that I have mentioned here, is that most people would NOT believe what is listed unless proof is provided.
The 11 metrics listed above regarding videos; these alone should have now proven to you why it is so vital that you share your stories.
Are you using social media to drive website traffic or are you still hesitating?
There are so many different apps now that can assist you in creating catchy, short videos to help you grow your brand by sharing your stories, and you can even advertise sales if you prefer.
With the popularity of short video content growing rapidly now, you might want to give this serious consideration before your competition “beats you to the punch”.
Using social media to drive traffic to your website, simply share your stories. This really is becoming “a thing” that local businesses should not be ignoring.
Apparently, some brands have even gone as far as to create their very own challenges to their users when sharing their stories, and they’re cleaning up in their niche!
When you share your stories, you make your business (or brand!) relatable.
Being relatable validates your viewers experiences and it makes them more comfortable with your business.
This means that sharing your stories will help you connect with your viewers, customers, and potential customers.
Make your stories stand out, and they will be shared all over social media.
What is social media traffic?
Social media traffic is the clicks you get from your social media shares that sends those clicking over to your website and makes your visitors want to stay on your site to gain even more information, and either order from you or simply contact you.
You can make your video stories your very own social media traffic generators!
Depending on your niche, you may even want to embed other video stories on your website so that your visitors stick around longer, consuming more of your content, which will help decrease your site’s bounce rate.
So, what are you waiting for?
If you’re like most busy business owners, and you’re uncertain as to how to create the perfect short videos that you could add to your YouTube channel, then here’s Google’s helpful guide to help you get started.
You could use an online app, such as Canva.
Inside Canva, you can create short videos called Stories, and then download them to share on your business social media accounts, YouTube channel, or embed them on your website.
Three easy steps:
- Simply select your template – even the free access to Canva allows you to select a template, though your choices will be limited, the choices are pretty amazing. And, if you know what you’re doing when creating stores, you could simply start by loading a blank canvas.
- Add your finishing touches – you can quickly add text with different fonts, add music, images, and/or videos that you can easily find offered from online media libraries like Pixabay.com. And, then add your call to action to make your story irresistible.
- Publish, get traffic, and get paid – you can even export your finished video stories from Canva and share them on your YouTube channel, your social media accounts and even embed them on your website to gain you free traffic, targeted leads and sales!
What worked before is now considered obsolete to many viewers. Text and images are getting ignored when compared with videos.
Share your stories as videos, and they don’t even need to be complicated.
Here’s what my Story looks like: https://youtube.com/shorts/bUvUweifqho?feature=share (the link opens in another tab).
Now, in 2022, social stories even take images to a whole new level.
If you’re still wondering, how you can use video stories, check the following examples:
Use them for your LIMITED-TIME offers!
Create promotions for your online or offline store.
Even dentists, lawyers and chiropractors can use this form of video story.
No matter your local business, get your family’s input as to a challenge or a contest… or inspirational videos that will make your social media followers want to share your stories.
Get your business noticed online NOW and beat your competition!
Others Interesting Tidbits Found Online
Don’t forget, you can run branding campaigns to drive traffic to your YouTube channel too. That is how a lot of smaller businesses are able to compete nowadays with the big guys online.
Credit for Header: Image by https://fitret.az/