Do any of these Parrs belong to you?
All "Parr" documented contributions accepted!
If you should be so fortunate as to find a document here that YOU need, imagine how you might feel being the contributor? Why not offer copies of your "other Parr" documents?
If you do not know how to scan and/or are unable to create pdf files, feel free to send your copies using the regular postal system, addressing your envelope to: Trish Parr, 525 Ritson Rd. N., Oshawa, ON L1G 5R4, and I will gladly do the scanning and creating the pdf files for you. Maybe, just maybe we'll connect a few more Parr families.
Now, take a look below and see if any of these documents belong to your Parr family. If so, feel free to take a copy! Do let me know so I can place them into appropriate folders instead of my "Other Parrs" folder, won't you?
Keep checking back here! More documents being added as time permits.
The following document was contributed anonymously:
The following documents contributed by Jack Parr:
- Have been doing research on John Parr(1763-1825), son of Governor Parr of Nova Scotia. This is what I found. ( 750 KB )
- In 1789 John Parr(1763-1825) was the commandant of Fort Mackinac.
- In 1795 he was the commandant of Fort Frontenac (Kingston, Ontario).
- He went to Montreal in 1795, and on to Cavan, Ireland where he married his niece Helen Clements, in 1796.
- In early 1800's he went to live at Burrow Hall, Kirkby Lonsdale in Cumbria,UK with his wife Helen and his mother inlaw (Helen Clements). He was M.P. for that area.
- Major John Parr(1763-1825), came to Nova Scotia in 1882 with his family.
- His remains are in the Kendal Church, Parr Chapel, Westmoreland, England.
- He had no children of his own, but took care of his brother's two children, Frances and Thomas Clements Parr.
Govenor John Parr(1725-1791) loaned Henry Theophilus Clements of Cavan, Ireland, 8,400 Pound sterling. John Parr (1763-1825) probably went to Ireland [in 1795] to collect the debt.
The following documents contributed by Paul R Wonnacott:
The following documents have been contributed by several different researchers over the years :
- John Henry Parr, 7620394, Royal Army Ordnance Corps., Son of Mr. and Mrs. C. W. Parr of Arnold, Nottinghamshire, England, who died 23rd September 1942. Age 24. ( 2,959 KB ) This image is already posted at http://www.twgpp.org/information.php?id=737047
- Kranjiview.jpg ( 128 KB ) shows the Singapore Memorial at the top of the graveyard (more stones behind). The memorial consists of 13 walls , each with double side listings of names. ( example: 26 faces)
All names are arranged in columns on each wall , so on these walls there are total of 466 columns. Listed on the Singapore Memorial are over 24,000 names.
- ParrRJ_4877.JPG ( 3,216 KB ) SINGAPORE MEMORIAL, PARR REGINALD JOHN, Private,6018335, 4th Bn. Suffolk Regiment. British Army, died 21st September 1944. Age 25. Husband of C. M. Parr of Charlton London, England. Column 56.
- ParrWF_4889.JPG ( 3,324 KB ) SINGAPORE MEMORIAL, PARR WALTER FREDERICK, Private, 5932625, 1st Bn. Cambridgeshire Regiment. British Army, died 17th September 1943. Age 26. Son of Walter and Annie Parr of Exning, Suffolk. Column 60.
- ParrAW_5188.JPG ( 6,895 KB ) SINGAPORE MEMORIAL, PARR ARTHUR WILLIAM, Sapper,1910839, 251 Field Park Coy. Royal Engineers. British Army, died 12th September 1944. Age 32. Column 41.
- ParrAWF_5223.JPG ( 8,022 KB ) SINGAPORE MEMORIAL, PARR ALFRED WILLIAM FREDERICK, Private,6139395, 2nd Bn. East Surrey Regiment. British Army, died 20th July 1943. Age 30. Son of Alfred and Charlotte Parr; husband of Irene Parr of Folkestone. Column 70.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns ( 819 KB ), 1754-1921 about William Gritton & Mary Celia Isabel Parr
- Journal of the Franklin Institute, Volume 7, Page 365 ( 15 KB ), William Parr, Gentleman, and James Bluett, Ship Joiner, Mast and Block Maker, and Pump Maker - List of English Patents
The following documents contributed by Karen Mickel Bennett:
- Gritton - Parr marriage registration 1902, St. John Church, District of St. John Holloway, County of London [ England ] ( 344 KB )
- Rev. Harold Parr mentioned in LUMLEY-WILLIS marriage; same page directly below that is MARJOR - PARR marriage ( 158 KB ) no record of which newspaper this came from.
Notes handwritten on back of photocopy, as follows:
Parr, Thomas H.
m. 12 July 1875
St. John's Cath to Sarah Janie Saxelby
Manitoba Free Press Weekly, 17 July 1975 and Manitoba Free Press page 89
Index of Marriages / Deaths from Manitoba Newspaper 1859-1881 MGS.
Parr, William H.
m. 4 May 1880
Silver Springs, Manitoba
To Millie M. Clayton
GR. formerly of Markham Ontario
Winnipeg Daily Times, 2 Jun 1880
- Henry Parr's marriage registration 1860 to Jane Carson - both of Pickering, Ontario ( 127 KB )
- Toronto Crown Lands Dept. Title of Record 21 November 1875 #156 John Parr ( 1,481 KB )
- Ontario Canada, Death Registration Jane Parr age 75 ( 53 KB )
- Heather Robertson's Parr family notes from researching her book titled Driving Force: The McLaughlin Family and the Age of the Car ( 60 KB )
- letter plus document from Provincial Archive showing Daniel Parr (as number 18) on the Murray Township, Ontario census for 1848 ( 1,011 KB )
- Jack Parr's notes ( 107 KB )
- Unknown Ontario newspaper sentence regarding Parr - Hart tractor ( 125 KB )
- Harry J. and Kathleen Parr headstone from St. Peter's Cemetery (St. Mary's Ward), London, ON, Canada ( 88 KB )
- Gertrude S. and Gary J. Parr headstone from Woodland Cemetery, London, ON, Canada ( 95 KB )
- Walter John Parr and Elizabeth M. Smith headstone from Woodland Cemetery, London, ON, Canada ( 109 KB )
- Samuel John and Betsy Parr headstone from Mount Pleasant Cemetery, London, ON, Canada ( 84 KB )
- Mervyn N. [Nelson] and Dorothy J. Parr headstone from Woodland Cemetery, London, ON, Canada ( 68 KB )
- Alice Gertrude Parr headstone from Mount Pleasant Cemetery, London, ON, Canada ( 66 KB )
- William C. and Clara F. Parr headstone from Woodland Cemetery, London, ON, Canada ( 86 KB )
- William H. J. and Eileen May Parr headstone from Woodland Cemetery, London, ON, Canada ( 69 KB )
- Australian Parr researchers letter 1994, to a historical researcher in Ireland ( 70 KB )
- Canada Land Petitions Volumne D 8th January 1847 to 19th August 1848 ( 634 KB )
- fax received in Jan 2003 discussing Governor John Parr's family ( 5,121 KB )